Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may visit our Website and find out our Hotels and other Travel Services, check our rates, and read more about us without giving us any information about you if you do not want to register with us and do not want to receive any e-newsletter from us.
Here are some examples of the types of Personal Information that we may collect and how we may use it.
- Required Information
To make any Hotels or other Travel Services reservation on the Website or register I am B2 Member account, you must provide your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. In order to make payments through the Website, you must provide credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or bank account information. This required information is necessary for us to process transactions, issue a new Password if you forget or lose your Password, protect you against credit card fraud and bank account fraud, and to contact you should the need arise in administering your account.
- Transaction Information
By making any transaction, we ask you to provide information related to each transaction, including the amount of the transaction, the type of transaction (purchase of goods, purchase of services, or simple money transfer and the e-mail address of the third party. We retain this information for each of your transactions through the Website. We also collect the Internet address (IP address) of the computer or device you use to access your account, in order to help detect possible instances of unauthorized transactions.
- Information about you from third parties
In order to protect all our customers against potential fraud, we verify with third parties the information you provide.
- Additional Verification
If we cannot verify the information that you provide, we will ask you to send us additional information by fax or email (such as your Citizen ID/Passport, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information linking you to the applicable address), or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information.
- Customer Service Correspondence
- Questionnaires, Surveys and Profile Data
From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires and surveys to you for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users’ interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
How we use your personal information
We use Personal Information and other information collected through the Website allows us to:
- register you with the Website and I am B2 Loyalty Rewards Program as requested by you,
- keep you posted on the Website’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- provide you with the requested products and services (mainly to process your reservation),
- provide you with information about our products and services on the Website or on other websites and to communicate with you to the extent necessary to provide such requested products and services,
- build features that will make the services available on the Website easier to use and for an improved user experience and general optimization purposes. This includes faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers,
- use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the GPCM’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
From time to time, we may contact you to request feedback on your experience in using the Website, to assist us in improving the Website, or to offer special savings or promotions to you as a Website user, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt out from receiving those by replying to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in these notices.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect Non-Personal Information, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. The following are some examples of Non-Personal Information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where our Website is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-Personal Information with Personal Information the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Security procedures to protect information
We are committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. Your credit card and bank account information are stored only in encrypted form on computers that are not connected to the internet. We restrict access to your Personally Information to employees who need to know that information in order to help prevent against loss or unauthorized access to your Personal Information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to audit our security systems and processes.
Disclosure of personal information
We use the information we collect about you in order to provide our services and process your transactions, provide customer service, determine your eligibility to receive offers for special features or products, and improve our products and services are as follows:
- In some cases, we may require that you transact directly with a third party to obtain services, or when you use the Website to reserve a hotel room or obtain another Travel Services, we may provide your Personal Information to that hotel or other involved third parties and the disclosure of your Personal Information required for completing your booking with the relevant hotel of your choice and the sharing of certain Personal Information with selected partners where relevant (your details will be used for reporting and analysis purposes only), we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent.
- We will not sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties. We will not share any of your Personal Information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with your express permission. These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is shared, unless you are notified otherwise in sharing information with companies that help us process the transactions you request.
- We give access to individually identifiable information about our users only to those employees who require it to fulfill customer service requests.
- For e-Commerce purpose, we will also display to other customers the Website address (URL) and customer service contact information that you provide us. However, your credit card number, bank account and other financial information will NEVER be revealed to anyone whom you have paid or who has paid you through the Website, except if we are required to do so pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information to our affiliated (group) companies (in and outside your home country), including our affiliated (group) companies’ employees and our trusted agents and representatives who have access to this information with our permission and who need to know or have access to this information to perform the service requested by you (including customer services) and internal (audit/compliance) investigations.
- We disclose the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These companies are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit using the information except to market the specified our related products and services, unless you have affirmatively agreed or given your prior permission for other uses.
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties we appoint to perform services on our behalf in order to handle credit card transactions and to otherwise provide you with customer service. All such third parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of the Personal Information, and to process the Personal Information only in accordance with our instructions.
- We disclose your Personal Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
Third-Party Sites and Services
B2 Hotel.com Websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties, which may include such things as personal contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make any desired changes to such information, or to exercise any right of access, rectification, deletion, or opposition to the processing of your Personal Information that you may have under applicable law at all time. Please contact our Customer Service. To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Information. Any request to access your Personal Information will be answered within a reasonable timeframe. You may also object to the processing of your Personal Information for purposes of advertising and market and opinion research.
However, if you close your account, your Personal Information will not be used by us for any further purposes, nor sold or shared with third parties, except as necessary to prevent fraud and assist law enforcement, or as required by law.
Cookies and Other Technologies
“Cookies” are small files of data that we send to your computer to allow us to recognize you as our customer if you return to the Website using the same computer and browser. We will send a “session cookie” to your computer if and when you log in to your account by entering your E-mail address and Password. These cookies allow us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages in our Website during the same session, so that you don’t need to re-enter your Password multiple times. Once you log out or close your browser, these session cookies expire and no longer have any effect.
Customer Service Correspondence
Questionnaires, Surveys and Profile Data
From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users’ interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
Access to Personal Information
We can help you to ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. For other Personal Information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including your request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the accommodation reservation services on our Website. Minors can normally accompany their parent(s) or legal custodian who has booked an accommodation, except where indicated otherwise in the hotel policies.
Copyright © GPCM Group Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.